Returns & Alterations
Most customers get a perfect fit on their first attempt, but finding the right fit for you can sometimes require a round or two of changes. We want you to love your custom fit, so for that reason, we offer complimentary remakes on your first shirt.
After your first shirt, remakes and alterations are available for a fee, though we try to minimize remakes in these scenarios because it can quickly become costly and wasteful (for all of us). However, we understand that bodies and preferences can change over time, so our team is always available to help update your Blueprint. Ultimately though, we’re a small company and we want you to love your shirts and your experience. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything, and we’ll do our best!
First Custom Shirt Fit Guarantee
Customers may return their first shirt for a complimentary remake, alteration, or store credit.
- Returns/Alterations must be initiated within 90 days of delivery.
- Your first shirt may be remade up to two times for free (though once is almost always enough).
- Customers must return the original shirt to us for a free remake, though we will provide a free shipping label to US-based customers during the alteration/remake process.
- Remakes are subject to fabric availability.
- Shirts must be returned in re-sellable condition to be considered eligible for an alteration, as we try to donate or re-sell anything clients choose not to keep to help reduce waste.
For eligible alterations on your first shirt, visit your account dashboard and click "Start Alteration Request" to begin the process.
We highly recommend trying on your most recent shirt before making a new order so that you can update your Blueprint and avoid additional rounds of alteration. We’re also happy to provide recommendations on updating your Blueprint or adding a new Blueprint for untucked, short sleeve or popover style shirts–just send an email! Otherwise, alterations and remakes are available for a fee.
- Send us an email with what you’d like to change and we’ll prepare a quote. The cost will be comparable to your local tailor and we’ll still record size adjustments to your Blueprints.
- Changes that can be done as alterations are limited (we can’t make the shirt bigger, for example).
- Alterations must be initiated within 30 days of delivery and are subject to fabric availability and our discretion.
The Process / Tips for a Successful Alteration
- For eligible alterations on your first shirt, visit your account dashboard and click "Start Alteration Request" to begin the process.
- If you are not eligible for a free remake, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the changes you’d like to make. We’ll follow up with any questions or suggestions, then, once we’ve finalized any changes you can send the shirt back to us.
The alteration request process will walk you through the major details, but keep in mind these important tips:
- Hold onto the shirt until we've finalized the changes that are needed. You may need to try it on again.
- It's okay (and encouraged) to wash the shirt at least once or twice. Some shrinkage is expected, so it's best to evaluate fit after a wash or two.
- Try to consider all aspects of how the shirt fits so we can capture all changes on the initial remake.